UCR has implemented a new purchasing system: Oracle Financials
This page is currently under construction. Please check back periodically for updates.
Vendor Products Vendor Products Amerisource Bergen B&H Camera, photo, A/V supplies Bio-Rad Lab supplies CDW-G Apple products and computer peripherals Dell Computers
Horizon (formerly Dharmacon)
Lab supplies Digi-Key Electronic components Fastenal Tools and hardware Fisher Scientific Lab supplies Grainger Tools and hardware Home Depot Janitorial supplies HP Computers Lenovo Computers McKesson Medical/Sugical Supplies (SOM ONLY) Medline Medical supplies Office Depot Office supplies SHI Computer software Thermofisher (formerly Life Tech) Lab supplies VWR Lab supplies eParts Workspace Facilities Office Depot/JanSan janitorial Sigma-Aldrich Chemicals Waxie Janitorial supplies
Hosted Catalog Suppliers
Vendor Products Vendor Products Abcam Antibodies Bio-Rad Lab supplies CED Electrical and Lighting Cell Signaling Antibodies and specialty reagents Controlco, Inc. Building Management Systems Eppendorf Equipment and supplies Fastenal Tools and hardware Fisher Scientific
Cytive Global life science solutions Grainger Tools and hardware HD Supply Facilities supplies Illumina Gene sequencing Johnson Controls, Inc. Building Controls / Management Systems Neta Scientific Lab glass, plastic, and pipettes New England BioLabs Life science supplies Perkin Elmer Radiochemicals Qiagen Life science supplies Rainin Pipetters, tips and service Sharp Electronics Corp. Laser printers Sigma-Aldrich Chemicals Spectrum Lab supplies Takara Reagents / Life science Thomas Scientific Life science supplies VWR Lab supplies Waxie Janitorial supplies
Placing IDT, ethanol, gas cylinder and lab coat laundering orders
These goods and services may be procured through Receiving Services (formerly Campus Storehouse/ScotSupply). Please go to UCR Work Order System Portal
- Click "Submit a Request"
- Select "Work Order System" from the drop-down menu
- Choose "Receiving Services Request"
- Choose from the following services in the "Receiving Service" drop-down menu and add your desired items. Please see additional ordering instructions for each request type:
- Ethyl alcohol
- Enter Rm 1229 Spieth, or your building's central delivery location
- If you need to be added as an alcohol custodian, download and complete the custodian form (provided on the request form), have your dept. Chair sign, and email to: email@example.com
- Send the original hard copy via interdepartmental mail ATTN: Judy Plaxco/Receiving Services
- Gas cylinders/Specialty gas cylinders
- Gas cylinders will be delivered directly to your lab, so enter the correct building and room number
- If you have cylinders to return, list the # of tanks and their building/room locations in the "Additional Information" textbox in the "Delivery" section
- Label the tanks that are being returned, disconnect them from any hoses/apparatus, and ensure access to the tanks is not blocked, or they will not be picked up
- IDT request
- If you to create an IDT account (with UCR pricing built in) see account creation and ordering instructions
- After your IDT request has been approved, you will receive an ORD number
- Enter the last 6 digits of the ORD number in the "Purchase Order Number" field when checking out on the IDT website
- Submit a new order request for each IDT order you need to submit - you CANNOT reuse ORD numbers
- Ethyl alcohol
- Complete the rest of the sections on the form and submit
- If the COA won't populate in the respective field, provide in the "Additional Information" textbox at the bottom of the form
- If your PI won't populate in the respective field, enter "Tara Pastucha" instead
- Receiving Services is still adding COA/PI data to the program and estimate it will take a few more weeks before these fields are completely updated
More information can be found directly on Receiving Services website
Pre-Approved Vendors for Onsite Equipment Repair
Vendors that physically come on campus to service any equipment must have appropriate insurance on file with UCR before any work can be completed.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org before having service scheduled to confirm the chosen vendor meets UCR insurance coverage requirements and can take a purchase order as payment.
List of pre-approved vendors that you can use to submit a non-eCatalog order request:
Standard Refrigerator/Freezer Units/HVAC
Scientific Refrigerator/Freezer Units
On-Site Pipette Calibration/Repair:
I2S: Integrated Instrument Services - call 800-468-3437
Various Instrument Calibration/Repair:
Keep in mind that UCR typically pays sales or use tax on purchases of tangible property, such as equipment and supplies.
Suppliers often fail to include taxes in quotes. Procurement Services will build in sales or use tax unless the department identifies the purchase as for resale, or that the purchase is against a Federal Contract whereby the title is retained by the Federal government. For supplier's who do not collect CA sales tax, UCR Accounts Payable will accrue the use/sales tax and pay it directly to the state.
Sales Tax: Retail sales to UCR by California retailers are subject to sales tax. The obligation for the payment of California sales tax lies with the retailer, not the purchaser. State laws require the retailer to charge sales tax to the purchaser at the time of sale.
Use Tax: A use tax obligation arises when UCR purchases a commodity which is taxable under California State Sales and Use Tax Law, but for which the retailer has not billed, or the retailer is not licensed to collect California sales tax. The current rates for use tax are the same as for sales tax. The liability for payment of use tax belongs to the purchaser (UCR).
- Ordering Controlled Substances
Purchases Requiring Special Approvals
Regardless of the procurement method utilized, the required approvals indicated must be obtained prior to purchasing the following items: