Check Reimbursement Request
Declaration of Missing Evidence for Missing Original Receipts
- If you are entertaining guests with a University business purpose and offering meals fill out the Entertainment Reimbursement Request.
- Entertainment expenditures are for meals or light refreshments related to event expenses in support of the University’s mission. For example, this form can be used to request reimbursement for a faculty-hosted meal or light refreshments for a seminar guest speaker.
- The form will require the upload of itemized receipt, please ensure you have all receipts scanned.
- Receipt Notice: Please provide an itemized receipt showing a method of payment (last 4 digits of credit card used) on it. If you cannot obtain an itemized receipt, please submit a Declaration of Missing Evidence form for every missing receipt and supporting documentation such as a credit card statement or bank statement for proof of payment transaction for reimbursement.
- You will also need to provide a guest list. If you have more than 10 attendees, please use the "Extended Guest List"
- The maximum meal rates for entertainment and business meeting meals have been revised. The new rates are as follows:
Light Refreshments $22
As a reminder, these amounts include the cost of food and beverages, labor, sales tax, service, and delivery charges. The cost of room rental, room set-up fees, media rental, and decorations, etc., are not included in the per-person cost unless these costs cannot be separated by the vendor.
Reimbursements Using Personal Funds
- Complete the EMN Check Request form.
- Reimbursements for goods and services must adhere to procurement standards and policy. Goods and services are ideally procured through the University's purchase order process.
- Reimbursements must be supported by legible scanned images of the receipts.
- Acceptable purchases for reimbursement:
- Supplies used for UCR business related purposes.
- Memberships or subscriptions
- NOTE: Registrations must be reimbursed under travel even if the conference is virtual.
Purchases over $500 are considered unauthorized and you must fill out the Unauthorized Purchase Explanation along with an Exceptional Approval form (will be completed by department after you fill out the Unauthorized Purchase Explanation) that needs to be approved by the Dean, Department Chair, FAO and CFAO.