COVID-19 Guidance & Information
COVID Screening Check Information
COVID Screening Check
UC Riverside students, employees, and visitors are required to fill out the COVID Screening Check to report:
- A positive COVID-19 test result
- COVID-19 symptoms (symptoms from a known or chronic condition such as allergies, asthma, etc. are not considered COVID-19 symptoms for this report)
- Exposure to someone who tested positive for COVID-19 (exposure is defined as close contact with a known positive person for more than 15 minutes in a 24 hour period)
- Completion of your required COVID test*
*Required is defined as:
- monthly testing for all employees who are up to date with their vaccines
- weekly testing for those with an approved exemption or deferral, those that are not up to date with their vaccine, or are approved for early return after exposure or infection
- biweekly testing for students who live in a campus residence hall or Glen Mor
Accessing the COVID Screening Check
UCR will keep information about an individual's symptoms confidential, accessible only to those with a need to know in order to address the situation. The information will not be maintained in personnel files.
What Happens Next
Once the survey is completed, individuals will receive an email with further instructions from the UCR COVID-19 Management Team. Individuals may also receive a call from 844-827-6827 to follow up on the submission.
If you have questions contact the COVID-19 Management Center at COVID19@ucr.edu.
Who should report a confirmed positive case, exposure, or COVID-19 like symptoms?
All UCR faculty, staff, and students are required to report.
How to report a confirmed positive case, exposure, or COVID-19 like symptoms?
Please report this information by filling out the COVID Screening Check.
If I work remotely do I need to fill out the COVID Screening Check?
Yes, you need to report a positive case, exposure, or COVID-19 like symptoms.
Visit the Case Reporting and Investigation page for answers to additional questions.
What to do if you are Exposed to a Confirmed or Suspected COVID-19 Patient
See more information on what to do if you are exposed to a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 person:
If you were EXPOSED TO a person with COVID-19, please arrange for a COVID-19 test on day five or later after the last date of exposure.
More information on testing can be found HERE
Contact EMN Admin Department Safety Coordinator, Estella Davalos if any questions.
UCR Employee COVID-19 Hotline | 1.844.827.6827
See more Information about the Hotline:
CNAS Dean's Office Information & Resources
UCR Campus Return - Plans & Protocols
EH&S Resources & Updates
How often will the areas in my building be cleaned?
Facilities Services Campus Return Support Information:
Water Fountain Guidance
Touchless Bottle Refill Fountain Locations:
- Biological Sciences Bldg. - 2nd floor outside of restrooms
- Campbell Hall - 2nd floor
- Life Sciences - 1st floor 1400 wing
- Spieth Hall - 1st floor 1200 north wing
- Spieth Hall - 1st floor 1300 west wing
How To: Take a Free Covid-19 Test on Campus (employees and family members) or Find Free Riverside County Locations
How to take a COVID-19 Test on Campus (free testing now available to all employees and family members) or locate a Riverside County Free Testing Location:
How to report a safety concern related to COVID-19 and public health
You may report a safety concern related to COVID-19 and public health using this tool.
You may also report a COVID-19 related concern to the systemwide EthicsPoint Hotline. EthicsPoint allows you to report and communicate back and forth with UCR anonymously. UCR cannot determine your identity through EthicsPoint unless you self-identify yourself.